Yung Jui Wang
Department of Physics
360 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
Yung Jui Wang received his Ph.D in physics from Northeastern University in 2013. He is now a postdoctoral research associate in Prof. Arun Bansil’s group at Northeastern University. His research has focused on the theoretical study of topological insulators, lithium ion battery materials and metal oxide-based catalysts, as well as the development of predictive modeling capability of x-ray scattering spectroscopy for studying complex materials. His work aims to understand and optimize the electronic properties of the materials for applications in nanoscale electronics and renewable energy storage.
Theoretical modeling of electronic structures and spectroscopy of materials within the framework of density functional theory.
5 most relevant publications
- T. Jarlborg, B. Barbiellini, C. Lane, Yung Jui Wang, R.S. Markiewicz, Zhi Liu, Zahid Hussain and A. Bansil, "Electronic structure and excitations in oxygen deﬁcient CeO2−δ from DFT calculations" Physical Review B 89, 165101 (2014)
- Yung Jui Wang, Wei-Feng Tsai, Hsin Lin, Su-Yang Xu, M. Neupane, M. Z. Hasan, and A. Bansil, "Nontrivial spin texture of the coaxial Dirac cones on the surface of topological crystalline insulator SnTe" Physical Review B 87, 235317 (2013)
- Su-Yang Xu, Chang Liu, N. Alidoust, M. Neupane, D. Qian, I. Belopolski, J.D. Denlinger, Y.J. Wang, H. Lin, L.A. Wray, G. Landolt, B. Slomski, J.H. Dil, A. Marcinkova, E. Morosan, Q. Gibson, R. Sankar, F.C. Chou, R.J. Cava, A. Bansil and M.Z. Hasan, "Observation of a topological crystalline insulator phase and topological phase transition in Pb1-xSnxTe", Nature Communications 3, 1192 (2012)
- J. T. Okada, P. H.-L. Sit, Y. Watanabe, Y. J. Wang, B. Barbiellini, T. Ishikawa, M. Itou, Y. Sakurai, A. Bansil, R. Ishikawa, M. Hamaishi, T. Masaki, P.-F. Paradis, K. Kimura, T. Ishikawa, and S. Nanao, "Persistence of Covalent Bonding in Liquid Silicon Probed by Inelastic X-Ray Scattering", Physical Review Letter 108, 067402 (2012)
- Xiaosong Liu, Jun Liu, Ruimin Qiao, Yan Yu, Hong Li, Liumin Suo, Yong-sheng Hu, Yi-De Chuang, Guojiun Shu, Fangcheng Chou, Tsu-Chien Weng, Dennis Nordlund, Dimosthenis Sokaras, Yung Jui Wang, Hsin Lin, Bernardo Barbiellini, Arun Bansil, Xiangyun Song, Zhi Liu, Shishen Yan, Gao Liu, Shan Qiao, Thomas J. Richardson, David Prendergast, Zahid Hussain, Frank M. F. de Groot, and Wanli Yang, "Phase Transformation and Lithiation Effect on Electronic Structure of LixFePO4: An In-Depth Study by Soft X-ray and Simulations", Journal of the American Chemical Society, 134, 13708 (2012)