Department of Physics
3141 Chestnut Street, 12-816
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: (215) 571-4090
Dr. Goran Karapetrov is Associate professor in Physics at Drexel University. He graduated from Moscow State University in 1991 and obtained his Ph.D. from Oregon State University in 1996. Prior to joining Drexel faculty in 2011, Dr. Karapetrov was a staff member at Materials Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory. He has a track record of accomplishments in the areas of physics of strongly correlated electron systems and mesoscopic materials for electrocatalysis. Dr. Karapetrov has published more than 100 publications in international journals and has several patent awards. He is an active member of APS and MRS.
Strongly correlated electron systems, scanning probe microscopy and spectroscopy, emergent phenomena in mesoscopic systems, mechanisms of catalysis on atomic scale
5 most relevant publications
- J.P. Castellan, S. Rosenkrantz, R. Osborn, Q. Li, K.E. Gray, X. Luo, U. Welp, G. Karapetrov, J.P.C. Ruff, and J. van Wezel. The Chiral Phase Transition in Charge Ordered 1T-TiSe2, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 196404 (2013)
- G. Karapetrov, V. Yefremenko, G. Mihajlovic, J.E. Pearson, M. Iavarone, V. Novosad, and S.D. Bader. Evidence of Vortex Jamming in Abrikosov Vortex Flux Flow Regime, Phys. Rev. B 86, 054524 (2012).
- J. Tobik, V. Cambel and G. Karapetrov. Dynamics of Vortex Nucleation in Nanomagnets with Broken Symmetry, Phys. Rev. B. 86, 134433 (2012).
- G. Karapetrov, J. Fedor, M. Iavarone, D. Rosenmann, W.K. Kwok. Direct Observation of Geometrical Phase Transitions in Mesoscopic Superconductors by STM, Phys Rev. Lett. 95, 167002 (2005).
- M. Iavarone, G. Karapetrov, W.K. Kwok, G.W. Crabtree, D.G. Hinks, W.N. Kang, Eun-Mi Choi, Hyun Jung Kim, Hyeong-Jin Kim and S. I. Lee. Two-band Superconductivity in MgB2, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 187002 (2002).