Department of Physics
Dana Reseach Center
Boston, MA 02115
Christopher Lane received his BSc degree in physics and mathematics from Clarkson University in 2012 and is currently a graduate student and PhD candidate in the group of Prof. Arun Bansil at Northeastern University.
- Modelling of electronic structure and spectroscopy of two-dimensional atomically thin films beyond graphene, nanosystems, heterostructures, high-Tc superconductors, topological insulators, and other novel materials.
- Theoretical methods include density functional theory, and techniques for going beyond the DFT framework to incorporate effects of strong electron correlations.
- Keywords: DFT, KKR, Tight-binding, Many-Body Theory/Green's Function methods, QPGW, ARPES, STM, QPI, and Optical Spectra
5 most relevant publications
- Electronic structure and excitations in oxygen deficient CeO2-x from DFT calculations. T. Jarlborg, B. Barbiellini, C. Lane, Yung Jui Wang, R.S. Markiewicz, Zhi Liu, Zahid Hussain, and A. Bansil. Physical Review B 89, 165101 (2014)
- Self-consistent scheme for optical response of large hybrid networks of semiconductor quantum dots and plasmonic metal nanoparticles. L. Hayati, C. Lane‡, B. Barbiellini, A. Bansil, and H. Mosallaei. Physical Review B 93, 245411 (2016)
- Characterization of Thin Film Materials using SCAN MetaGGA, an Accurate Nonempirical Density Functional.
G Buda, C. Lane, B. Barbiellini, Adrienn Ruzsinszky, Jianwei Sun, and A. Bansil. Nature Scientific Reports 7, 44766 (2017)
- Inter-Layer Coupling Induced Valence Band Edge Shift in Mono- to Few-Layer MoS2. Daniel J. Trainer, Aleksei V. Putilov, Cinzia Di Giorgio, Timo Saari, Baokai Wang, Mattheus Wolak, Ravini U. Chandrasena, Christopher Lane, Tay-Rong Chang, Horng-Tay Jeng, Hsin Lin, Alexander Gray, Florian Kronast, Xiaoxing X. Xi, Jouko Nieminen, Arun Bansil, Maria Iavarone. Nature Scientific Reports 7, 40559 (2017)
- Tunable and Laser-reconfigurable 2D heterocrystals obtained by epitaxial stacking of crystallographically incommensurate Bi2Se3 and MoS2 atomic layers.Anthony Vargas, Fangze Liu, Christopher Lane, Daniel Rubin, Ismail Bilgin, Zachariah Hennighausen, Matthew DeCapua, Arun Bansil and Swastik Kar. Science Advances 3, e1601741 (2017)